Remember this frame? I decided to glaze it. It looked beautiful and I loved it…until I started to put together the bulletin board to go inside it. A bulletin board has been on my list of projects since I moved in, and I was thrilled to finally be getting it done, but it was really not working out.
It looked terrible (real life was worse than the picture). The brown fabric looked reddish and clashed with the rest of the room, and the frame looked dingy. So I bought a couple other fabrics to try, but none of them looked any better, so I repainted the frame and suddenly it worked! The brown fabric was brown and the frame looked beautiful. Huge sigh of relief.
The bulletin board is just batting and fabric stapled around a piece of cardboard that came with the frame. I hotglued my ribbon to the back, stapled down the points where they crossed, and then glued little square mirrors at each point. I absolutely love the mirrors – I’ve never been much of a girly girl, but I do love things that sparkle!
Word of advice – I wouldn’t recommend using a striped fabric, especially one with any stretch, for this type of project unless you’re a very patient person. My stripes ended up quite squiggly (but its all the same color, so I didn’t care too much).
Into the frame…
And its done! (Well it still needs to be hung up, but I’ll get to that eventually.)