What a lovely long weekend :). I replaced the seat of this chair with new webbing and recovered it in a beautiful fabric. Here’s the before.
Here’s a cost breakdown for anyone’s who’s interested.
- Chair: $30 (probably could have gotten it for less, but was too excited to wait or bargain!)
- Chair webbing (6 yds): $5.34
- Upholstery tacks: $0.97
- Foam (2 ft): $9.66 (50% off!)
- Fabric (1 yd): $4.89 (also on sale)
- Ribbon: $2.09 (40% off coupon)
- Total: $52.95
So just over twenty dollars for a beautiful new seat on a beautiful chair. See how I did it here!
On another note, my mom just mailed me some pieces of slate that she thought I could use for something. They’re old roof tiles I think, and about 12″ by 7″ with two holes drilled in them. Any ideas?